Saturday, January 06, 2007

boggling for French

This post is dedicated to Kevin in Medical Springs ...
You know the word game, Boggle. Well here's a way to play and pick up some French vocabulary in the process. Below are the letters you can play with:

K A L S U
T L C I S
D B E D Y
WPO R C
X I HWE

Below in italics are the French equivalents (not necessarily exactly in the same form) for English words of three letters or more which can be found in the pattern above (according to the standard Boggle rules). You can operated in any order you wish...find the English words first and then match them with their French counterparts, or look up the French words and then try to find their English equivalents in the Boggle field. Personally I recommend the former approach.

saigner, fourrure, chat, dentelle, lacer, pore, s'ennuyer, refaire, parler, grand, glace, toxico, lit, tringle, monter(past participle), rouge, mentir, mener, robe, couper(en tranche), de'

Serious Boggle player, like Kevin, don't need to be told that there are more (many more) English words to be found than there are French equivalents listed...I've used this once in my
English classes here...the kids enjoy it but on an entirely different level, of course.
K
p.s. if you like this one I can provide more in the future...let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home