Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Choosing a play

As some of you know I direct plays at the high school where I teach. I'm doing it again this year and have not yet settled on a script...in fact I'm not even close at this point.
I thought I'd try using this blog to solicit suggestions for plays to be performed by high schoolers. In the past I've done shows like
The Foreigner
Romeo and Juliet
Dancing at Lughnasa

so I'm open to suggestions from all genres except musicals. It would be nice if you've actually seen a performance of the play you suggest or at least have heard of a production done by a high school but no matter. Fire away.
I await your suggestions...eagerly.
K

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite play-going experiences ever was watching an amteur production of Stoppard's "Arcadia." Minimal set, a handful of actors, and fantastic writing.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home