Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Banning Picasso at the Lapin Agile, part 5

Yesterday we got a venue. Today we got performance dates. Here they are: May 16-18 (Saturday - Monday). There are approximately 400 seats in this theater. Proceeds from the event will go to a scholarship fund for La Grande High School Thespians. The student club, EOU Democratic Party, is sponsoring the event and will soon have an account set up for people who wish to donate to support the production and/or the scholarship fund. I'll keep you posted.

Today I was informed by the superintendent that all scripts purchased by the school district should be returned ASAP. I've agreed to return them if I can. I informed my cast members who are quite frankly incredulous and nonplussed. If the kids won't part with them, we may have to reimburse the school for the books. Actors routinely mark up their scripts heavily with notes about blocking and character. I understand that they are technically school property and the school district has every right to ask for them, but there is no way these scripts will ever be of any use to anyone else. Makes me wonder what will happen to these books after they've been returned, hmmm? I'll leave it to readers to speculate.
K

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is excellent news, Kevin. It seems like the best resolution short of being allowed to stage the play at the high school. Melissa and I definitely want two tickets.

Congrats again, Kevin.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they are going to warm them up to F. 451 and toast some S'mores in the faculty breakroom. I do so love the smell of scripts in the morning.

Did they really take back the scripts? I'd be tempted to tell Super Glaze that the dog ate mine.

Tell the kids they are going to laff and laff about this in the future. They will probably shake their heads for 30 years, and then it'll be a great story they lived through.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home