Sunday, April 08, 2007

The easter message...she has ridden!

Paques 2007 will forever be remembered in our family as a day that began with a flurry and ended with a flourish. The kids wasted no time running about the house this morning looking for "eggs". Needless to say by the time I got up to speed with the camera, I'd been lapped several times already.








In the middle of the day we went to the beach. Sun screen is once again a necessity, though the water remains too cold for swimming.
We came home from the beach and invited the neighbor girl, Constance over to play.
Later we had dinner and tarte aux framboises for dessert...












I asked Tess if she wanted to try riding her bike. She did, and guess what? She did!
I'm glad she did it first (Colm's been nipping at her heels) because this bike thing has been a source of frustration to her. She can be fiercely serious about doing some things, a bit intolerant of anything less than perfection. Makes for interesting times at the outset of learning something new. Now she can relax and have fun with her bike...I'm happy for her.





Just for good measure, Colm showed that he is a gnat's eyelash away from doing the same thing...if I give him a push, he's off on his own, a bit wobbly but all smiles though he has very little idea about how to stop, let alone dismount.
good day.
K

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it took me a week to get the title of this blog! Haha.

9:25 AM  
Blogger K said...

thanks anonymous (can I call you anon for short?)
The sound of laughter (well at least the spelled out sounds)...music to my ears...cracking jokes in the blogosphere isn't a bit like the proverbial tree falling in the forest with no one to hear it...

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home