Saturday, April 14, 2007

phrench fonnix

French is a phonetique language. Here's Tess's take on how it works.
She produced this little glyph while Beth and I were sipping coffee. We barely noticed that she was asking us questions like "what letter makes the ____ sound?" Consequently our responses were a little haphazard and not really attuned to what she was attempting to do. She plowed ahead anyway. When we finally finished our coffee we discovered that she had indeed had a reason for asking.
Beth has transcribed the text at the bottom of the drawing but I'll give it to you here as well:
Jasmin, elle a un dauphin
Ariel, elle a un poisson


Jasmin has a dolphin
Ariel has a fish
K

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my.
3200 words!
I'll never get these papers corrected.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, my 1st comment should have been with the Michel story.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home