Sunday, December 09, 2007

Noble Fir

We went out to a nearby tree farm in the valley today to find our Christmas tree. Beth is partial to Noble Firs; she likes the short, dark green needles with silver backs.










The tree farm is situated near the foot of Mt.Emily and is a nice place for the kids to run about in playing hide and seek.
We passed a nice tree at the entrance to the farm but














we couldn't accept being done with the selection process without seeing the full range of offerings. An hour later we came back to the selfsame tree, cut it down, and tied it to the roof of our car.



















We broke out a thermos of hot chocolate to mark the occasion,















Tess used a chunk of snow from the windshield to cool off her drink.

Before leaving we said hello to a couple of horses








in a nearby pasture.









We set up the tree in the corner of our living room...














the season has officially begun. Both kids are excited but Tess especially is waiting for the arrival of the tree fairies...a tradition Beth started a couple of years ago. They're scheduled to take up residence in the tree this evening after Tess finally goes to sleep.
"Where are they?" she asks me from her bed, a half hour after being put down.
"They're shy; they're waiting for you to fall asleep."
"I can't sleep because I'm waiting for them."
"Well one of you is going to have give in...I think I'm going to bed."
K

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

What a great day! And I love the pictures- you guys are so cute! Cold, but cute! Noble Firs are my favorite, too. My fake tree is called an "Aspen Fir". I guess to confirm that the tree is, in fact, not real. I love the tree fairies- do they just hang out in the tree, or do they have projects?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo with Mt. Emily just behind the top of your tree. I love all of these photos! It's fun to see your house all decorated and cozy, too.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home